Saturday, June 25, 2011

No more Fuzzy Math.........

Ah…well, last week, I said that when my weight goes up, I try to figure out why so it doesn’t happen 2 or more weeks in a row.  I apparently did not figure out why before Friday’s weigh in because my weight went up again during the week as noted in the column to the right. I have been thinking about it and think I have now determined why my weight went up 2 weeks in a row.  The answer is too much food crosses my lips. I know I am responsible for what I eat and have apparently been overdoing it.

So, back to what works. I had gotten away from keeping a food diary as I tinkered around with a couple different food plans.  I think a food diary has always worked for me because I know I will make a decision to not consume a food item or limit the portion because I don’t want to have to record it on my diary.  I have chosen to go back to using the Calorie King online program because I am familiar with it and can also record my exercise which is then figured into my calorie goal for the day.

I am continuing to try to limit my use of flour and sugar. I have added bananas back into my food plan for the potassium and also V8 juice at the suggestion of a trainer. My intention is to start an “Off the Bean” program in a couple weeks to eliminate caffeine. I am going to try to eliminate caffeine for 4 months and see if I feel any health differences.

I am taking a break from running until at least the end of July so my exercise is limited to the ARC trainer at the gym or cycling to work for cardio and weight lifting.

I am hoping that these changes show some positive results when I step on the scale next Friday.

No comments: