Monday, June 13, 2011

Another good week

Well, I am a little tardy in getting this weigh in posted since I was out of town over the weekend for a little personal Chi Running instruction from a friend that has been practicing this method of running for about 3 years.

My weigh in this past Friday morning is noted in the column to the right. The loss of 2.2 lbs is very satisfactory since I was not getting as much exercise as normal due to a muscle pull in my right calf. 

I do want to comment on the percentage of body fat numbers that are reported in the column just to the right of the weight.  It is the opinion of the most recent trainer that I have worked with that these numbers are artificially low. I accept that they may be lower than reality but look at them really just for the trend of this portion of my overall body weight.

Over the past several years the one issue that has dogged me regarding weight control is night snacking. I have struggled to figure out if my trip to the kitchen to forage at 11 PM is hunger or habit. I think on some nights it may be hunger and on others I may be heading for the peanut butter out of habit.  I bring this up now because during the last week, I did snack late at night a couple times and still showed a nice weight loss. Of course, I have to wonder if it will be maintained through this week.

I do think weekly weigh ins are important as a way of keeping track of progress, although, more importantly are the trends over 3 or 6 months. That is why I looked at my weight range for the past year before setting a goal for the coming year.

This week looks to be a bit of a challenge since we were traveling over the past weekend which always limits control of food choices and my right calf is still keeping me from going out for a run. After my Chi Running instruction this past weekend and since I am still dealing with a sore calf, I have decided to revise my running goals for the coming year which will be detailed on my "Allan Running" blog in the next day or so.

No comments: