Saturday, June 4, 2011

Heading in the right direction!!!


Well, as you can see in the list at the right, my weigh in yesterday morning at 181.0 lbs was 1.6 lbs lower than the Friday before.  I had actually taken some time off of my exercise program in May and also relaxed some of my food choices and you can see how my weight climbed about 5 lbs in a very short time.  I was of course happy to see that I was able to get the weight going back in the right direction.

I had mentioned in my original post that I have enjoyed setting goals and training for running events. I am actually a big believer in goals and use them in many areas of my life.

My weight has ranged from about 175 to 193 lbs in the past year as displayed in the column to the right and I think it could go a little lower.  I have now made a goal that my weight range for the coming year be 10 lbs lower without losing muscle mass.  I have learned that every pound I lose contains part fat and part muscle which is why I now have a body composition scale and regularly do resistance training to keep from losing muscle mass.

So my goal for the next year will be to keep my weight in the range of 165 to 183 lbs which will of course be aided by my running program that is detailed on my “Allan Running” blog. In fact, I just set a new goal for October 8th, 2011 on that blog.

No comments: