Thursday, March 1, 2012

What happened to February ........


Well here we are at the end of February already.  I knew February would be a challenging month for me because we had guests visiting and we celebrated Valentine’s Day with treats from our favorite gluten free bakery.  I took the stance that I would participate as much as possible but try to be careful about food choices to limit the damage.

I did loosen the reins on my program a bit and backed off on recording everything I ate in my food log, however, my weekday meals during the workday did not change much from the month before.  In the end, I am happy to have made it through the month with no change in my weight.

During February I eased back into my running program with no apparent ill effects and have also been able to resume cycling to work one day per week and weight training. I believe I have pretty good leg workouts that I can do at home a couple times per week figured out and hope to get in 2 to 4 upper body workouts per week over the lunch hour at the little gym my employer provides.  

My goal does remain the same as stated at the beginning of this year and that is to lose 10% of my body weight which was 185 at the time and then maintain that weight.  I hope to make good progress toward that goal during March and started the month on Sunday February 26th with a return to my food log. I hope to someday be able to link my food diary to this blog have not figured that out yet.

No comments: